Thursday 6 October 2011

Forty Horty!!!

Finally!  It's time people!!!  NHL Centre Ice is ordered bingo bango bring on Jack and Brick its pretty much time to go!  Raise that motherfucking banner!!!

Before the puck drops for real lets take a look at a player who I think will be one of the keys for the B's in our quest to repeat.

For the entire 2011-2012 season I would like you all to refer to him as "Forty Horty".  Yes you heard it here first...Nathan Horton #18 for your Boston Bruins will have the best offensive season of his career and will score 40 or more goals this coming season.

Unlike my  buddy Dan over at Bruins Hockey Now ...I for one loved this trade the day it was made.  Yes primarily because I had enough of "big money wides" but also because I loved the potential upside Horton brought to the table.

As good as Horton has been his entire career (6 straight 20-goal seasons) I do still think he has more to give and somewhat underachieved in Florida and at times last season as well.

And when I say underachiever again he has put up numbers that would deem him a VERY good NHL player however I really think he is on the verge of being a star.

I am positive the Horton who scored 12 goals over the Bruins final 25 games and 8 more in the playoffs is the one who will start the season tonight.

When you have all the physical tools that Horty does and you combine that with playing along side your bff and possibly the toughest player along the boards and in the corners in Looch and your centreman is the Einstein of the NHL because of his insanely high hockey IQ and the ability to find his wingers anywhere at anytime how will Horty NOT thrive and have the best offensive season of his career?

Combine that with the positive karma he deserves for bringing that beautiful, championship winning Gahden Water to Vancouver for Game 7 I think all the stars have alligned for Horty!

I'm so excited for tonight I don't know what to do with myself.  Bring it on bitches!  The repeat starts tonight...led by our 2011-2012 top goal scorer Forty Horty! You heard it here first!!

Who agrees with me?? Am I a Bruins prophet or a lil off base with my Forty Horty prediction?  Give me your feedback!! Comment, tweet whatever you feel like!

PS - To all my loyal HoneyPot readers I would like for you all to go check out Be The Game .  Great cause
be sure to check it out!

Go Bruins!!!!!!

- Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment