Thursday 8 December 2011

I'll Take A Pot Of Honey....With A Side Of Chris Kelly

Wow what a month! Undefeated in 15 games and we're right back where we belong!

So many players have stepped up during this streak which time and time again just proves our depth.  I know I sound like a broken record on here but our depth  is what sets us apart from the rest of the NHL and is what will ultimately lead us to becomming back-to-back Champions!!

In thinking up my next blog (this one) I had been paying close attention (as I always do) to the games as of late looking for one player to centre out and blog about.

Sure I could pick the usual suspects to blog about in relation to our most recent success.  The Captain, Timmy, Bergy, Marchy, Segs, Seidy, Looch, Horty...yes sure these guys are the ones who get a lot of the press, deservedly so BUT there was one name I kept coming back to and game after game it became more and evident to me who I wanted to heap my praise towards.

So lets give it up Bruins fans for........CHRIS FREAKING KELLY!!!!!

Who is with me here?  Who else has noticed what an important piece this guy has been ever since we acquired him last March at the deadline??  Personally this guy doesn't need to score for me to see his value.  Face-offs, PK, shutting down the other teams big guns...this guy does all of that and has done so much of that since Day 1.  But yes now that he has been chipping in a lil more frequently on the offensive side...WOW...how many teams can boast a guy with 10 goals already as their 3rd line centre??

3 goals in his last 5 games, 2 OF THEM GAME WINNERS, and in the back to back games with the Maple Leafs his face off winning percentage was 80%..no that is not a misprint 80 fucking percent of his draws he won.

Chris Kelly is easily one of the smartest hockey players on our roster and I believe because people don't see him as "special" they under rate his value to our team.

Now for a couple other tidbits straight from the HoneyPot!


- was at the Gahden live and in person last Saturday to watch my boys continue their DOMINATION over lil Phil and his Maple Laughs.  Loved every minute of it. As much as I would hate for the Leafs to make the playoffs (and I don't think they will) how amazing would it be to play these losers in the first round??

- Broken Record Time - PC is the motherfucking man! Once again he does it and he does it early locking up another one of our key pieces long term at an attractive cap hit.  Thank you PC and Magic Hands Krejci congratulations! Watch for PC to be locking up Kelly sometime soon as well I predict!

- Enough with the Segs drama! He missed a TEAM breakfast..you sleep in you sit. I don't care if he could have helped us win a game in December...I care more so that team rules are followed through and everyone is on the same page! Over..end of story. Lesson learned from Segs and we all move forward. Stop making it a bigger deal than what it actually is!

No comments:

Post a Comment