Thursday 1 September 2011

So Long Savvy...

Sad that I need to lose my bloggin virginity on a down note BUT I would be remiss if I didnt write a
few words about an all-time fav Bruin and his career tragically being cut short.

Although I could see it coming I was still saddened yesterday to read a report on my twitter feed with the news that PC had commented that Marc Savard was being shut down for the season and most likely his career.

At first the news saddened me but then it turned into pure and bitter outrage focused squarely on one of the NHL's biggest pussies Matt Cooke.

Today the career of a perennial All-Star and one of the most creative offensive players in the game has been cut short thanks to a 3rd sometimes 4th line plug..errr sorry "grinder" with the same skill level as any forward you would find on an AHL Roster.

I'm not even going to get into what the NHL should or shouldn't do as its been debated over and over what needs to happen but the bottom line is a player like Matt Cooke will be in the Opening Night Lineup and players such as Marc Savard and yes (this is going to pain me to admit) Sidney Crosby will be watching from the Press Box. - Editors Note - For the record I still think Sidney "Pussy Boy" Crosby is a whining piece of shit with zero personality but I would rather yell at him on the ice then see 246 shots of him a night sitting in the Press Box with a headset on.

Yesterday the OHL announced regulations that hard capped shoulder pads and elbow pads are now banned from use in their league. Why does it always seem that a Major Junior Hockey League is out ahead of the NHL when it comes to player safety? Changing equipment regulations is alot easier to do then changing human behaviour.  A broken collar bone or separated shoulder seems to be a fair compromise to severe head trauma.

Savvy I will miss everything you gave to my beloved Bruins and hope that management has already offered you a job somewhere within the organization as in my heart you will be a Bruin forever.
 
Matt Cooke you're a piece of shit and if I ever see you face to face chances are you will be leaving with a 6-inch heel stuck up your ass.

 Thank you for reading...thoughts and comments positive and negative are welcomed.
  - Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment